Please Read Carefully
Information Collection. Nimbus collects certain information about you (if you are over the age of eighteen (18)) through our interactions with you and through your use of our Website and Services. The information we collect includes Protected Health Information (“PHI”) which is protected by our Protected Health Information Notice of Privacy Practices. In addition, we may collect other personally identifiable information relevant to providing and billing (e.g., credit card) for our Services. We may also collect information about the type of device you use when accessing our Services, your device’s location based on the IP address used and how frequently you visit our Website. Nimbus uses tools such as cookies, Web Beacons, third-party website analytics and mobile device identifiers. Finally, we may obtain information about you from third-parties, such as marketers, partners and researchers.
Using and Sharing Your Information. We use and disclose your PHI to provide you with care, run our healthcare operations, to collect payments, and to comply with regulations.
The information we collect from you or about you will be used to contact or notify you about our Services or promotions based on your marketing preferences, to enhance our Services for you and other users, and to maintain Website security. We may share your information with third-parties in order to facilitate payment for our Services, maintain, provide, and improve our Services, or for marketing purposes (if you consent).
Security. Nimbus takes reasonable steps to keep the information you provide safe and secure; however, no data transmission is ever completely secure and we can’t guarantee that our systems and your PHI won’t ever be hacked or otherwise compromised by unauthorized third parties. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk. Remember, emails and SMS/text messages we send you aren’t secure because they aren’t encrypted.
How We Use and Disclose Your PHI
We use your email address to update you on the status of a prescription or to alert you that there is a message waiting you for in the App or Website, to send you emails asking for feedback on your experience of using the service, to send you emails to notify you that you may be due for a refill, and to send you emails if you create an account but fail to complete a visit. We will send you emails to notify you of the services we provide. We will securely share your email address and first name with third-party email platforms that helps us send you these emails.
We use your telephone number to call you if we have any questions, to leave you voice messages if you don’t answer when we call you, and to ask for feedback on your experience of using the service. We also use your telephone number to send you SMS/text message notifications. We may send you SMS/text notifications to update you on the progress of your visit or laboratory order. If you ask us to organize for a partner pharmacy to mail your medicines, we may telephone you to take payment on behalf of the pharmacy and we may SMS/text message you to let you know that you have refills available. We share your telephone number with the company that helps us send SMS/text messages. If we need to telephone you, we share your telephone number with our telecommunication provider.
To provide treatment and to run our healthcare operations and to take payment, we share your PHI with selected organizations that provide us with services. As examples, we share your PHI with organizations that help us run and maintain the technology and security infrastructure that supports the App and Website and the care we provide. We also may share your health information with medical staff who help ensure that we are providing a service that meets the appropriate standard of care.
We share your PHI and payment details with our trusted online payment processors. If you choose to save your payment details to make future payments easier, our trusted payment provider will store them on our behalf. Furthermore, if you request delivery of your medicines by mail from a third-party pharmacy, then our trusted payment processor will store your card details to make future payments more convenient.
We share your PHI with the pharmacy of your choice if we write you a prescription and with the companies who we use to send prescriptions electronically. If you request that we coordinate with any partner mail-order pharmacy to deliver your medicines, then we’ll share your PHI and send your prescription to as your request.
If we order laboratory tests for you, we share your PHI with the laboratory company that runs the tests. If a laboratory test we order for you finds a ‘reportable’ infection, we may be required by law to share your PHI with your county’s health department.
We store information you provide us with whether or not you complete a visit. We take the same precautions over your data regardless of whether you complete a visit and keep all information as securely as your PHI.
We do not record video visits between our patients and our medical team. We may, however, capture a still image from the video and store that image in your medical record.
We may use your PHI to tell you about our other health-related products and services. We may share your PHI with a third-party if we merge, are acquired or transfer a majority of our assets.
We are unable to delete information from your medical record. At your request, we can de-activate your secure account so that you and others can no longer access it with your username and password.
Confidentiality of Medical Information
There is a risk of storing PHI on your mobile device. When you use the App or Website, there is a risk that you will store unencrypted PHI on your mobile device. We take a variety of technical safeguards to make sure that your PHI does not leak onto your mobile device, but we can’t guarantee that these safeguards work in every instance.
Your Rights Over PHI
HIPAA describes certain rights that individuals have over their Protected Health Information and that we model as best practices. All rights and authorized uses of your health information may be found in Nimbus’s Protected Health Information Notice of Privacy Practices located on our Website home page.
Use of Services
Other Information We Collect
We collect other information that you provide while using our Website, App, or any Service we offer, to help us improve the quality of service we provide and for our advertising and marketing campaigns.
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, when you email us, sign up through our Website, or submit other information to us. Information we collect, includes, but is not limited to your: name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, date of service, gender, gender identity, mailing address, and other information necessary to offer our services safely and thoroughly.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Website or App, including, but not limited to the following:
- Account Information. When you create an account and become a registered user, you provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you and credit card or other billing information in some cases. We use this information to communicate with you regarding the Services we provide. You must always provide us with accurate information when using our Services. As part of creating your account, we may ask for a photo of you, capture still images of you from a video session, or maintain a copy of your driver’s license or other government issued photo ID to include in your medical record.
- Device Information. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or device (including mobile devices) you use to access our Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as:
- IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and
- information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Location Information. We may collect different types of information about your location and may use that information to customize the Services with your location-based information. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, Mobile Device Identifiers, and Other Electronic Technologies. We may also use these methods to gather additional information about how you interact with us and so we can make special offers and continue to market our services to those who have shown an interest.
- Website Analytics. We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Website, including, for example, to note mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Website or App. These website analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the website easier to use.
Information from Third-Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third-parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third-parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
Aggregate or De-identified Data
Nimbus doesn’t knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under eighteen (18) years of age without verifiable parental consent, and no part of our Website or mobile App is directed at persons under eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, please do not use the website. If we learn that PII of persons less than eighteen (18) years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Use of Information
- We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided the information;
- To contact you when necessary or requested; if you create an account with us, we will communicate with you via telephone, SMS/text message, e-mail, and secure messaging within our Website or App;
- To personalize your experience with the Services by informing you of products, programs, events, services, and promotions of Nimbus, our affiliates, our partners and/or third-parties that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To fulfill your purchase or care evaluation from us, including, to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase, or provide you with related customer service;
- To provide, maintain, administer, improve, or expand the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve, or enhance our business, the Services, and other products we offer;
- To customize and tailor your experience of the Services;
- To send mobile notifications (you may opt-out of this service by contacting our patient liaison at (530) 625-8172;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you or tell you about our Services;
- To track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- To better understand who uses the Services and how we can deliver a better user experience;
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security breaches, fraud, and other potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services;
- To protect our rights or property;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third-parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf;
- With third-party payment processors in order to obtain payment for our Services;
- With our affiliates, partners or other third-parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services, and promotions that we and/or they believe may be of interest to you and that are related to your care;
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (but only under non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and protections);
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce applicable user agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- We also may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third-parties.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, Nimbus cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Other people may be able to read any SMS/text messages we send you because they are not encrypted. You can ask that we stop sending SMS/text messages by contacting our patient liaison at (530) 625-8172 or by sending us a secure message through the Website or App.
The emails we send you are not secure because they are unencrypted. Other people may be able to read and forward the emails we send you and the emails you send us. We don’t include sensitive health or financial information, unless you request us to do so, but other emails may contain identifiers that include but aren’t limited to your name and email address.
Emails and SMS/text messages will note that they are being sent by Nimbus.
Your Privacy Choices / How You Can Access and Update Your Information
You may update or correct information about yourself at any time by logging into your account or by reaching out to our patient liaison at (530) 625-8172.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so. We do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track signals in your browser.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites and those websites may not follow the same privacy practices as Nimbus. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of such third-parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
No Rights of Third-Parties
How to Contact Us
Nimbus Healthcare Corporation
Attn: Compliance Officer
12005 Bee Cave Road, Suite 1A
Austin, Texas 78738 USA